‘Socially Adept’ was formed to help organisations tackle messy, human problems.
People come here because they are at a point of transition.
They know they have a problem that needs tackling. But what sort of problem is it? And what will that mean?
When you have a responsibility to lead into that uncertainty, I am the ally that you need by your side.
I use known social research methods to illuminate the problem, experience of leading complex change to help you create safe ways of testing and learning, and deep facilitation skills to mobilise people around the future.
In practice, people commission me for one of three services:
- Behavioural Insights – social research to understand the context for change.
- Collaborative Futures – mobilising multiple actors around cross-cutting strategic issues.
- Working through Conflict – harnessing the disruptive energy when crossing boundaries during change.
Clients commission me because I research, communicate and have experience of social impact, healthcare, local government, and political enagement.
Clients retain me because I can work anywhere in the organisation and build the right networks of support.
If you are looking to build alliances around the mission you’re seeking to start, I might just be the ally you’re looking for.
Please contact me for more information
Esmee Wilcox: Biography
I work with clients that are small start-ups, large established organisations, and global research communities. They are interested in the impact of their actions on their people and the communities they serve, whether explicitly social purpose organisations or regular businesses.
My background is in leading complex change initiatives in local and central government for over 11 years, following on from 7 years in policy and political engagement across a number of government departments. I have an anchor in Social Research, applied to organisational problems, allied to the Visiting Fellowship I hold at the University of Suffolk.
I am trained and practiced in a number of human-centred practices, including design and complex facilitation.
- a ‘Featured Social Innovator’ at the Cambridge Judge Centre for Social Innovation
- one of 8 global 2019 Emerged Fellows at the Association of Professional Futurists
- the 2016 Behaviour Change Municipal Journal award winner
- published on innovation and risk in government “The Glory of Failure”
I’m based in Norfolk, where the skies are bigger.